All HFES eligible voting members are encouraged to participate in this year’s nominations and election process. We are seeking nominations for President-Elect, Secretary-Treasurer-Elect, and Two Members-at-Large of the Executive Council.
All Full Members and Fellows of the Society, including Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows, are eligible for nomination and election. (Associate, Affiliate, and Student Affiliate members are not Full members and cannot nominate or vote.) The following elected members are still within the terms of their elected office and may not be nominated:
May Not be Nominated:
- President: Peter Hancock
- President-Elect: Christopher Reid
- Secretary-Treasurer: Susan Kotowski
- Secretary-Treasurer-Elect: Ellen Bass
- At-large Council Member: Ranjana Mehta
- At-large Council Member: Rebecca Grier
- At-large Council Member: Paul Green
- At-large Council Member: Barry Goettl
Review the responsibilities of officers and Executive Council members at-large here.
To Nominate Someone or to Self-Nominate:
- Confirm with those you wish to nominate that they are willing to be nominated for the position and would serve if elected.
- Self-nomination is permitted. List your nominees for each office on the nomination ballot.
- Submit the online nomination ballot no later than the submission deadline of 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. No ballots will be accepted after this point.
- Members who have any barrier related to the use of an online form for the purpose of submission of nominations for elected office should contact HFES Executive Director Steven Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation.
Per the Bylaws and Operating Rules of the Society:
- Individual members of the Society are entitled to express support of candidates, including themselves, through direct contact, telephone, letter, or other means of personal communication.
- Use of Society resources, such as Community forums, is not permitted, in order to keep a level playing field.
- If a member holding any Society office engages in personal advocacy for nominations or elections, that person should be careful to emphasize that their recommendations are made as an individual member and should ensure that campaign activities are not paid for with Society funds.
- Associate, Affiliate, Transitional Associate, and Student Affiliate members of the Society are not eligible for office.
Your participation is vital to the Society—please nominate and vote!