The HFES 2009 Salary and Compensation Survey report contains the results, in tabular form, from 613 HFES members in the United States based on their 2008 employment and consulting income. Responses cover pay (cash and nonmonetary compensation) and benefits such as health insurance or defined contribution plans. In addition, for the first time since HFES began surveying its members, the questionnaire included questions about current trends in the employment environment for human factors/ergonomics professionals.
In 20 tables, the report describes members' demographic data (region, market sector, degree held/discipline, degree/time in position, years since highest degree, population, and employment size), as well as mean total pay by those same characteristics. Highlights include the following:
- Mean Total Pay by Market Sector
- Mean Total Pay by Region and Highest Degree Earned
- Mean Total Pay by Years Since Highest Degree
- Summary of Total Pay by Time in Position
- Mean Other Annual Cash by Market Sector
- Summary of Benefits by Market Sector
- Summary of Employment Environment by Market Sector
In compliance with federal antitrust regulations and to ensure anonymity and lack of bias, this survey was conducted through an independent survey firm, PRM Consulting. The report is priced to recover direct costs.