HFES Full Members and Fellows are invited to submit nominations for eight Society awards to be presented at the 65th International Annual Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland, October 4 – 8, 2021.
Award nominations are invited for individuals whose contributions merit special recognition. The eight awards for which nominees are sought are:
- Hal W. Hendrick Distinguished International Colleague Award
- Paul M. Fitts Education Award
- R. Lauer Safety Award
- Alexander C. Williams, Jr., Design Award
- Jack A. Kraft Innovator Award
- Oliver Keith Hansen Outreach Award
- William C. Howell Young Investigator Award
- Bentzi Karsh Early-Career Service Award
Nominees are not required to be HFES members, but only members of HFES may submit nominations. The nomination submission deadline for each award above is 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Only complete nomination packages will be accepted and provided to the Awards Committee for their review. The elements of a complete submission package are:
- Candidate's résumé or curriculum vitae
- A letter of nomination
- At least two but not more than three letters of support from individuals who know the candidate well enough to assess his or her candidacy in terms of the award's criteria.
Compile items 1 – 3 above into a single PDF file and submit completed nomination package via the online submission form by the deadline.
A color headshot photograph of the nominee also is required as part of the submission in a separate file upload from the nomination package.
Please view the HFES Awards Web page for information on the scope and criteria for HFES awards and thank you for considering nominating a deserving candidate for one or more of these prestigious awards.
Back to News Feed