1. ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE: Assignment of space will be made on a first-come, first-served basis, to those who are paid in full. The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) reserves the right of final placement decision and the right to amend floor plans and or relocate exhibits as necessary.
2. PAYMENT FOR SPACE: The rate per tabletop is $2,800. Payment in full must be made at the time space is reserved. Nonprofit organization rate is $1,800.
In the event of cancellation by exhibitor by September 22, 2023, all fees paid for exhibit space will be refunded less a $300 fee. In the event of cancellation by October 13, 2023, all fees paid for exhibit space will be refunded less a $500 fee. Exhibitors who withdraw after October 13, 2023, are not eligible for any refund.
3. LIABILITY: Neither HFES nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, loss, or damage that may occur to the exhibitor or to the exhibitor's employees or property from any cause whatsoever. Under no circumstances will HFES be liable for lost profits or other incidental or consequential damages. HFES shall not be liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of terrorism, strikes, riots, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control.
4. INSURANCE: HFES shall provide guard service during the hours that the exhibit area is closed. In all cases, exhibitors wishing to insure their goods must do so at their own expense.
5. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE EXHIBITORS:
- The exhibitor is responsible for damage to hotel property. No signs or other articles may be attached to walls, doors, etc., in such a manner as to deface or damage them. Likewise, no attachments may be made to the floors by nails, adhesives, screws, or any other device that would damage or mar them.
- Exhibits must be self-contained on the table assigned, and no chairs or exhibit materials are to be placed outside the table area, nor set up in such a manner as to block any exits.
- No exhibitor shall assemble, in whole or in part, the display prior to the exhibitor set up time specified by HFES. Set up time for this event is Tuesday, October 24 from 8-10 am ET.
- No exhibitor shall dismantle, in whole or in part, the display prior to the dismantling time specified by HFES. Tear down time for this event is permitted Thursday, October 26 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm EDT. Early teardown will result in a $500 penalty.
6. TABLETOPS: For tabletop exhibits, a 6' skirted table, two chairs, and an identification sign are provided without charge to the exhibitor. Any substitutions or special arrangements require prior approval by an HFES representative. Additional services related to electrical, audiovisual, or internet may be obtained at the exhibitor's expense. The order forms are included in the exhibitor packet, which will be sent to each exhibitor.
7. DISPLAY REGULATIONS:
- Display materials must be arranged in such a manner so as not to obstruct the sight lines of neighboring exhibitors.
- Floor standing banners are not permitted in front or on the side of the tabletop. Any pop-up banner MUST be placed behind your table. There will be approximately three (3) feet behind the table which includes the space needed and room for your provided chairs.
- Exhibitors are limited to one floor standing banner not exceeding 2’ x 6’.
- All sponsored materials must be placed on the table provided and may not extend beyond the front edge of that table. Distribution of sponsored material must be held within the confines of the rented tabletop space.
8. OBJECTIONABLE DISPLAYS: Displays shall not be obtrusive, noisy, or otherwise objectionable, nor shall they violate municipal, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations, including safety codes.
9. FOOD AND BEVERAGE: If an Exhibitor wishes to distribute food and beverage, the service must be held within the confines of the rented tabletop space. No outside food and beverage is permitted. All arrangements for catering must be made with the Washington Hilton Hotel through the HFES meeting planner. The distribution of popcorn, peanuts, or any type of nuts is not permitted in the Exhibit area. The distribution of Alcohol of any type is not permitted in the Exhibit area.
10. SHIPPING: Exhibit shipping instructions will be included in the exhibitor packet.
11. AGREEMENT ON CONDITIONS: Each exhibitor and employee agrees to abide by these conditions and by subsequent amendments and additions thereto; it being understood and agreed that the sole control of the exhibit area rests with the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
12. HFES shall provide one full meeting registration to each exhibiting company as well as two exhibition personnel-only badges at no cost. Additional exhibitor-only badges may be purchased. There is a limit of two exhibit staff for a tabletop exhibit at any given time. Exhibit badges may be turned in at the meeting registration desk at the end of each day and picked up by new exhibit staff the following morning.
Exhibitor shall not assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without the knowledge and written consent of HFES. Exhibitors must display only the goods manufactured or sold by them in their regular course of business, and as described in the contract. No firm or organization not assigned exhibit space will be permitted to solicit business within the exhibit area.
HFES reserves the right to restrict exhibits that, because of noise, method of operation, materials, or for any other reason, become objectionable, and also to prohibit or to remove any exhibit that, in the opinion of HFES management, may detract from the general character of the exposition. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter, and anything of a character that the sponsor determines is objectionable. In the event of such restriction or removal, HFES shall not be liable for any refunds or other exhibit expenses.
The use of a sound system is not permitted.