1. Why should I submit my research for the Human Factors Prize?
Here are just a few reasons to enter your work for the Prize:
- Your paper will be published in the highly ranked journal Human Factors (2016 Impact Factor rating of 2.219) and presented at the International Annual Meeting, providing significant exposure. Human Factors ranks 3rd of 16 journals in the Ergonomics category and 29th of 80 titles in Applied Psychology. HFES Annual Meetings draw 1,200–1,500 attendees from around the world.
- Your submission will be evaluated by prominent human factors/ergonomics researchers, who will send you constructive feedback about your work.
- Even if you do not win the prize, submissions that are acceptable for publication will be showcased in a special section of the journal, along with the winning submission.
2. Are any types of submissions not applicable for the Human Factors Prize?
Review articles and brief reports are not considered for the prize competition; however, they may be submitted via the journal's usual peer-review process.
3. What resources are available to help me produce a winning paper?
In addition to reading past Prize-winning articles, you might find the following of use in preparing your submission:
4. If I do not win, can my research still be considered for publication in Human Factors?
Yes, and in fact if you do not win but your submission is deemed acceptable by the six experts, it will be published in a special section.
Of course, in the event that major revisions are needed, you may still submit your revised work for consideration through the usual peer-review process. The average time from submission to first decision is 8 weeks. Accepted papers are generally published within 6 months and will appear in OnlineFirst prior to release of the print issue.
5. What is the prize?
The winner of the Human Factors Prize is awarded an honorarium in the amount of $5,000 USD.
6. Who can I contact if I have questions about the suitability of my submission?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.