It’s time for members of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society to submit nominations for the 2019 elections. We are seeking names of qualified individuals to run for President-Elect, Secretary-Treasurer-Elect, and two At-Large members of the Executive Council. Full Members and Fellows of the Society, including Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows, are eligible for nomination and election. Nominations must be submitted via the online submission site no later than 5:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, May 15.
An email with a link to the online nomination form was sent to eligible voting members by email on Monday, April 8. The Society bylaws state that the eligible voting members of the Society are Full members, Fellows, and Emeritus members of HFES.
All Full Members and Fellows of the Society, including Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows, are eligible for nomination and election. The exceptions to this are those elected members still within the terms of their elected office:
- President Kermit Davis
- President-Elect Susan Hallbeck
- Secretary-Treasurer Christopher Reid
- Secretary-Treasurer-Elect Caroline Cao
- At-large Council Member Tom Albin
- At-large Council Member Ellen Bass
- At-large Council Member Richard J. Holden
- At-large Council Member Nancy Larson
Review the responsibilities of officers and Executive Council members at-large here.
To Nominate Someone or to Self-Nominate:
- First, confirm with those you wish to nominate that they are willing to be nominated for the position and would serve if elected.
- Each nominee should have a minimum of three (3) nominations. Self-nomination is permitted. List your nominees for each office on the nomination ballot.
- Submit the online nomination ballot no later than the submission deadline of 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. No ballots will be accepted after this point.
- Members who have any barrier related to the use of an online form for the purpose of submission of nominations for elected office should contact HFES Executive Director Steve Kemp at email@example.com accommodation.
If you did not receive or cannot locate the email with the link to the online nomination form, contact HFES at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for participating in this important process.