The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) has published a guidance to demonstrate how human factors (HF) as a discipline can help address issues relating to equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI). It explores the different situations that cause EDI issues, including the impact of:
- Confusing user interface language and terminology
- Ill-fitting personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Biases in equipment design.
It also describes how HF can make a difference in addressing these issues, including:
- Adopting a systems approach.
- Using a participatory design process.
- Applying specific HF methods to enhance EDI delivery.
View the Guidance Here
Back to News Feed