In preparation for the IEA2021 meeting we are working in collaboration with Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society to publish, a special issue focused on Human-Systems Integration in Healthcare. This will be a unique opportunity to present your extended work in an issue that will be dedicated to the challenge of designing systems for the healthcare complex ecosystem.
The special issue will present new and advanced knowledge in all areas of human factors including cognitive, physical, and organizational aspects and their application in healthcare. We encourage submissions of research that studies human interaction with healthcare system processes, information technology, medical devices and work environments, from varied angles. The following topics are among those to be
- Clinician-system interaction
- Clinical decision making tools and model
- Implementation process
- Realtime information displays
- Smart & connected health systems
- Telehealth and mHealth
- Collaboration with unreliable systems
- Communication and teamwork
- Clinicians-automation interaction
- Unique research methods that can be applied in healthcare systems
Papers for the special issue will be selected from the abstracts that will be submitted to the IEA2021. The selection process will be as followed:
- Authors that are interested in including their papers in the special issue will have to select the I would like to publish my work on the special issue checkbox when submitting their IEA2021 proposal (deadline OCTOBER 16, 2020).
- Feedback from the editors if the paper is in the short list of papers that can be part of the special issue will be sent to the authors (DECEMBER 4, 2020).
- Authors will submit "abstract only" in the conference proceedings (FEBRUARY 5, 2021).
- Authors will submit the final paper to the special issue just before the conference starts (JUNE 12, 2021).
The guidelines for the authors with the paper style and format will be similar to all other Human Factors journal submissions, and can be found here.
For editorial inquiries please contact Yuval Bitan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Farzan Sasangohar (email@example.com).
Back to News Feed