SAVE THE DATE:
The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society invites you to attend the 2014 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care: Leading the Way, to be held March 16-19 at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers in Chicago, Illinois.
ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
The 2014 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care: Leading the Way aims to go beyond the basic human factors/ergonomics tenets highlighted in the 2013 symposium (which drew more than 400 attendees) by providing practical and actionable methods, guidelines, and best practices that will enable participants to advance their HF/E approaches and outcomes in their respective work settings.
The symposium will again bring together professionals and stakeholders in both the scientific and practice realms of the health-care community to bridge knowledge gaps among them. HF/E professionals will present the latest research, best practices, and case histories. Unique to this symposium is the inclusion of manufacturers, health-care providers and policy makers, who will discuss their experiences in using HF/E processes and principles and their unique needs for HF/E science and considerations.
The 2014 Symposium content will be organized in four major tracks, ensuring another varied and comprehensive program:
- Health-Care Provider and Patient Safety
- Clinical and Consumer Health-Care Information Technology
- Medical and Drug-Delivery Devices
- Clinical Care Settings
There will again be student forum sessions in each track, showcasing the latest student research and applied projects in health-care HF/E.
The program will also again offer multiple opportunities for discussions and networking among attendees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This symposium is ideal for a broad range of audiences, including
- HF/E scientists, academics, and practitioners
- health-care regulators and policy makers
- medical device manufacturers, including product managers, engineers, and designers
- drug-delivery device manufacturers
- nurses and other health-care providers
- hospital/emergency room administrators
- industrial designers
- biomedical engineers
- medical device regulatory consultants
- students from a variety of disciplines, including human factors/ergonomics, industrial engineering, biomedical engineering, industrial design, and psychology
- usability and UX engineers working in the medical field
What attendees will gain from the symposium:
- Access to the latest science, regulatory requirements, best practices, and industry needs related to health-care HF/E
- Unparalleled ability to cross-network with attendees from the health-care industry, academia, consulting, and regulatory agencies
- More useful information from longer presentations and a smaller number of tracks and sessions
For additional information, please contact HFES Past President Anthony D. Andre, Symposium Organizer and Chair, or Lois Smith, HFES Communications Director.
Please bookmark this page and return often for updates about the program and other details.
2013 Symposium: To read selected information about the 2013 Health Care Symposium, visit the symposium's Web page.
2012 Symposium: To read selected information about the 2012 Health Care Symposium, visit the symposium's Web page.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2014 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care.