HFES Membership Benefits
HFES members receive the following benefits:
1. Complimentary annual subscriptions to:
- Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. Select either the print or the online version. View the journal FAQ for details.
- Ergonomics in Design: The Quarterly of Human Factors Applications. Select either the print or the online version.
- JCEDM: Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making. Members have access to the online version or may purchase the print version.
- Reviews of Human Factors and Ergonomics: Members have access to the online version and may also purchase printed volumes.
- HFES Annual Meeting Proceedings: Members have access to the online version and may also purchase the CD-ROM version.
- HFES Bulletin: A monthly e-newsletter bringing members news about important activities related to the field, Society news, a calendar of meetings and other events, and news from related fields.
- HFES Directory and Yearbook: Includes descriptions of activities within HFES committees, chapters, and technical groups; alphabetical member listings; a geographical index of members, as well as historical information about the Society and the field.
2. Special member prices on all other HFES Publications
3. Opportunity to participate in the HFES International Annual Meeting and the HF/E Symposium in Health Care:
- Reduced registration fees
- Discounts on workshops
- On-Site Career Center
- Paper presentations, panel sessions, and posters
4. Subscription to the HFES Members-only Career Center, including
- Confidential résumé posting
- Job search
- Résumé search for employers
5. Members-only access to the Online Member Directory
6. Members-only access to placing listings in the Online Consultants Directory (requires full membership)
7. Access to Membership in 23 Technical Groups, including
- Technical program tracks
8. Members-only participation in HFES Webinars:
- Monthly webinars with access to previous recordings and handouts.
9. Subscription to the HFES Linkedin group: an international network of colleagues and allied professionals
- Includes sub-groups for HFES Technical Groups and chapters.
10. Local and Student Chapters
11. Discounts from other publishers/providers:
12. Discounts on car rentals from Hertz
Fill out a Membership Application Form.