Volume 55, Number 8
User Experience Day
User Experience Day is a dedicated track of programming specifically geared for user experience (UX) professionals. The event will take place on Wednesday, October 24, from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The objective is to deliver a great program of technical sessions and networking opportunities for all attendees. This is your chance to make personal connections with a wide variety of UX professionals from around the world.
The schedule for 2012 is a full day of high-quality programming with something for everyone. Here are a few highlights.
- Invited speaker Bill Buxton, author and principal UX researcher at Microsoft Research, presenting ?The Human Factors of ?Simple? Devices? (8:30-10:00 a.m.)
- ?User Experience and Agile Development? panel discussion chaired by Marc L. Resnick with panelists John F. (Jeff) Kelley, IBM; Jay Elkerton, Emerson; Russ Beebe, Vanderbilt U.; and Ania Rodriguez, Key Lime Interactive (10:30 a.m.-12:00 noon)
- Best UX paper competition (1:30-3:00 p.m.)
- Future leaders speed networking (by invitation only, sponsored by Key Lime Interactive)
- UX Day happy hour, sponsored by Emerson Process Management (Lucky's Lounge, 5:30-7:00 p.m.)
Back to the Table of Contents for the August 2012 HFES Bulletin
Download a .pdf version of this issue
Archive of past HFES Bulletin issues (in .pdf format)