Outreach Resources for HFES Members
This section is intended to assist HFES members in informing the media about the value and contributions of the human factors/ergonomics field.
HFES has partnered with the American Institute of Physics' Inside Science Television. ISTV produces 90-second science news spots that air on more than 60 local TV stations throughout the United States. Visit the HFES/ISTV page to view footage of HF/E-related science news. If you have a newsworthy story that you'd like HFES to submit, read the story idea submission guidelines.
Below are some recent articles describing ways in which HFES members can promote the HF/E field.
- Guidance, Young Grasshopper, for Your Mission as an HF/E Evangelist, (HFES Bulletin, p. 1, May 2006 PDF: 538KB)
- NEM: What You Can Do (HFES Bulletin, p. 6, September 2003 PDF: 162KB)
- National Ergonomics Month: Student Focus (HFES Bulletin, p. 7, August 2003 PDF: 137KB)
- New England Chapter Adopts Outreach Plan (HFES Bulletin, p. 6, August 2003 PDF: 137KB)
- Thoughts on HF/E Public Relations and Branding (HFES Bulletin, p. 1, April 2003 PDF: 148KB)
- Getting the Word Out (HFES Bulletin, p. 2, May 2001 PDF: 110KB)
- Dealing with the Media (HFES Bulletin, p. 3, May 2001 PDF: 110KB)
Members: If you've been mentioned in newspapers, magazines, or newsletters, please send us a note or clipping.
Submit Your News
If you are aware of other news that should be posted here, please contact our Communications Director, Lois Smith.
Other Informational Resources on This Site
Some documents are in Adobe Acrobat format.