The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society invites you to attend the 2012 Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care, to be held March 12–14 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland. Visit the symposium Web page for details about
- submitting a proposal
- reserving a sponsorship
- viewing the program as it develops
The objective of the symposium is to bring together professionals and other stakeholders in both the scientific and practice realms of the health-care community and to bridge knowledge gaps among them. HF/E professionals will present the latest research, best practices, and case histories.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF REDUCED RATES WITH ONLINE REGISTRATION. Higher rates apply on site:
$450 HFES Members, $525 Nonmembers, $150 HFES Student Members, $200 Nonmember students.
The symposium will address a variety of topics and perspectives in health-care human factors/ergonomics, organized along three main tracks. When registering, please select your preferred track:
- Patient and Health-Care Provider Safety: Macroergonomics, Environmental Design, Hospital/Patient Care & Handling, Public Health, Home Health Care
- Health-Care Information Technology: Electronic Patient Records, Health-Care Information Systems, Medical Information Technology, Regulatory Issues
- Medical Device Design: Medical and Drug Delivery Device Design, Testing and FDA Clearance
Specific topics may include emergency room management, patient handling, public health, home health care, electronic health records, health-care information systems, medical information technology, design of medicine/drug delivery devices, usability testing, and regulatory requirements.
What attendees will gain from the symposium:
- Access to the latest science, regulatory requirements, best practices, and industry needs related to health-care human factors/ergonomics
- Unparalleled ability to cross-network with attendees from the health-care industry, academia, consulting, and regulatory agencies
- More useful information from longer presentations and a smaller number of tracks and sessions
Book Your Room Anytime. The HFES block at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel is sold out on some nights, but rooms are available at these locations, across the street from the symposium hotel in the same building:
Hilton Homewood Suites, 625 S. President St., Baltimore, MD 21202, 888/429-7481, direct 410/234-0999
Hilton Garden Inn, 625 S. President St., Baltimore, MD 21202, 888/429-7482, direct 410/234-0065
SuperShuttle has arranged discounted fares for symposium attendees. Reserve a shared-ride van or ExecuCar at https://www.supershuttle.com/default.aspx?GC=DXCJ5 to take advantage of the savings.
We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore!